If you have chosen to use natural gas and need heaters mounted in your home, a master plumber with a gas certification must install your heater and lines. That person must submit their certification number to our office before we can turn your meter on.
The 3 R’s of Natural Gas Safety
- “Rotten egg” smell
- Blowing or hissing sound
- Dead or discolored grass in otherwise green area
- Bubbling in wet or flooded area
- Dirt being blown in the air
- Leave area immediately and leave door open
- Do not try to locate source of leak
- Do not turn on light switch, use telephone or cell phone
- Do not try to shut off any gas valves
- Do not use flashlight or light match/lighter
- Do not start any type vehicle
- Do not re-enter until a gas board employee says it’s safe
Report: Go to a safe location, call police dept. 483-7378, gas board 483-9235 or 911
- Natural Gas is the cleanest fossil fuel on the market today.
- Natural Gas is extraordinarily efficient.
- Households that use natural gas appliances and heat average an $800 savings per year over using electric.